PLEASE HELP! Weird things coming from vent!

Rachaels Zoo

Chirping
Jun 29, 2020
I have a just turned 3 girl who for the past two weeks on and off acts as if egg bound and then a long “membrane” like substance comes out and then she goes on about her day and is fine then it reoccurs. Today the first image (bigger substance) was hanging out of her then broke off with a long white “membrane” still hanging from her. I went back to check on her and the second image was out with that white “membrane” still attached. Does anyone have any ideas what this is? This first photo the reddish part is very hard and that’s the first we’ve seen every other time it has been very very soft and mushy and she can pass bathroom. Any help is highly appreciated! Thank you!!

Attachments

• 5975F087-EE2E-4FCD-9D3E-AE3A057980DB.jpeg
    5975F087-EE2E-4FCD-9D3E-AE3A057980DB.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 38
  • E906F5D4-9CBA-45FA-885C-286969B9E3F7.jpeg
    E906F5D4-9CBA-45FA-885C-286969B9E3F7.jpeg
    546.9 KB · Views: 4
It helps us gauge size of objects if a familiar object is placed next to it when taking the photo. Or place a ruler next to the substance for scale.

Until I know how large the mass is, I'll reserve any conclusions. But it appears to be salpingitis pus attached to intestinal lining sheds. Taken together, it's a compelling indication of reproductive tract infection that may also have spread to the intestines.

Do you happen to have an oral antibiotic on hand?

It helps us gauge size of objects if a familiar object is placed next to it when taking the photo. Or place a ruler next to the substance for scale.

Until I know how large the mass is, I'll reserve any conclusions. But it appears to be salpingitis pus attached to intestinal lining sheds. Taken together, it's a compelling indication of reproductive tract infection that may also have spread to the intestines.

Here is my thumb next to it.
That’s the diagnosis I was worried about. I have Tylosin and a few doses of Baytril from my vet (I have a call into get more)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 6
Here is my thumb next to it.
That’s the diagnosis I was worried about. I have Tylosin and a few doses of Baytril from my vet (I have a call into get more)

Which antibiotic would be best? What about the rest of my flock?

Unless the rest of the flock is acting lethargic and sick, this is not contagious as a general rule.

A broad spectrum antibiotic such as amoxicillin is what I suggest. 250mg per day for ten days.
Ok thank you! Do I have to get that from the vet?

Unless the rest of the flock is acting lethargic and sick, this is not contagious as a general rule.

A broad spectrum antibiotic such as amoxicillin is what I suggest. 250mg per day for ten days.
Also, she is not acting sick at all. She only gets tired when trying to pass something. Once she does she’s fine running around

They hide things really well. I would recommend the fish mox, calcium citrate and dried echinacea in their food.
For her case is it better to give it directly to her orally with water? Just in her food or in all flocks food? Thank you so much for your time!

Back
Top Bottom