Please help! What breeds are these bantam chicks?

sweeterdeeter42

Songster
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Northern Illinois
These are bantam chicks from an assortment. They are all clean legged and all purebred. I am assuming #5 is a Sebright? # 4 too possibly, but so much lighter than # 5 and wing pattern is a little different so idk. I have no clue about guessing the breeds of chicks if it is not obvious like a cochin or polish chick, lol. A few years ago I thought that I had Russian Orloffs for a couple months til I realized they were really Black Giants. Any help would be appreciated greatly.
big_smile.png
Some of the pictures have a red lens flair on them, which is not part of the chicks colors.

#1- Rose Comb reddish chick. 2nd pic is an up-close of color and pattern.

82189_dscn1688.jpg

82189_dscn1690.jpg

#2- single comb black chick with reddish markings and white booty.

82189_dscn1692.jpg

82189_dscn1693.jpg

#3- Single comb multi-color chick with red head. (super interested in finding out what this one is! so neat!)

82189_dscn1698.jpg

#4- Rose comb chick, assuming some kind of laced.

82189_dscn1705.jpg

#5- Rose comb chick, assuming golden sebright.

82189_dscn1707.jpg

Last edited:
no idea on the breeds sorry but is there something wrong with the eyes of chicks 2 and 4? or is that from the flash maybe?

They all look like golden sebrights to me. The different colors throw you off, but if you notice all their wings are sprouting orange and black feathers. I don't know if the color differences relate to sex, but of the sebrights I bought last year, the lighter-colored turned out to be male.

Back
Top Bottom