Please help. What kind of duck is this?

I think she is a runner but at that age it's possible she could be Cayuga...they are very similar at that age...only very slight difference in Cayuga and black runner at that age. The Cayuga tend to have a bit lighter on chest and mine had very slight dots of yellow in corners of their mouth next to bill at that age. The Cayuga do not stand upright like runners do.
We bought her from the feed store so I would doubt she's a Cayuga. Definitely disappointed as we did not want a runner.

I'm sorry you were expecting something else, but that lil one may surprise you. My black runners are beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_20170630_141910487_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170630_141910487_HDR.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20170630_142010.jpg
    IMG_20170630_142010.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 5
Mine eat right out of our hands and chat with us Everytime we come to the run. I've heard that too but has not been my experience with them. My mallard and khakis are the shy ones in the bunch.

Mine eat right out of our hands and chat with us Everytime we come to the run. I've heard that too but has not been my experience with them. My mallard and khakis are the shy ones in the bunch.
Good to know. Thank you. I think I just want a replacement for my Rouen and it probably won't happen. She was such a doll. We love our Harlequin but she gets a little mouthy. We will love this one regardless and she will have a good home.

Back
Top Bottom