PLEASE help...Whole flock-Extreme Respiratory

I have never put it in antibiotic water. I'd prefer to mix some with eggs just in case. a few drops of honey is plenty for 1 chicken.
Yeah, he responded we are out of eggs so that's what he did was give her a bit on the inside edge of her beak.
Thank you again for your help, I do so much appreciate it. All these years and zero problems, then boom!

check dosage. dosage for oxytetracycline that we have here is 1 teaspoon/1 liter. yours might be different.
Here is the one we have.

Attachments

• 20240105_104716.jpg
    20240105_104716.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240105_104642.jpg
    20240105_104642.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 2
I prefer using syringes over waterers when chickens are that sick. 1 cc of Denaguard every 12 hours clears up most respiratory issues. Some diluted liquid St Johns Wort will build the immune system.

I prefer using syringes over waterers when chickens are that sick. 1 cc of Denaguard every 12 hours clears up most respiratory issues. Some diluted liquid St Johns Wort will build the immune system.
1 cc orally full strength of the Deneguard every 12 hours? For how long? Same dosage for each individual bird in the flock regardless of their weight?

1 cc orally full strength of the Deneguard every 12 hours? For how long? Same dosage for each individual bird in the flock regardless of their weight?
I have bantams that weigh 1.5-3.5 lbs. All sick hens received the same dosage every 12 hours until they ceased to show symptoms. I used the syringes (1cc=1ml) I received from my avian vet. The vet assistant told me to use 1 cc or 2 cc if mixed 50/50 with syrup. I found that 1 cc cleared their symptoms quicker. Chickens really hate the taste, but not much of choice if you’re using a syringe. They will avoid water with denagard that doesn’t include large amounts of sugar.

I have bantams that weigh 1.5-3.5 lbs. All sick hens received the same dosage every 12 hours until they ceased to show symptoms. I used the syringes (1cc=1ml) I received from my avian vet. The vet assistant told me to use 1 cc or 2 cc if mixed 50/50 with syrup. I found that 1 cc cleared their symptoms quicker. Chickens really hate the taste, but not much of choice if you’re using a syringe. They will avoid water with denagard that doesn’t include large amounts of sugar.
Thank you so very much for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom