Please help with gender of 2 Silkies & a Sultan.

Quote:
If you have a TSC where you live I just bought a 30x30 rabbit cage with stand and tray very easy to clean for about 60.00 total. Much cheaper than Wmart and local pet shop and much larger than anything the others had. Wanted the 30X36 but they didn't have the tray for it, although they do show it online but only sells the tray for 30x36 instore for some reason. Am ordering another 30x30 set to stack on the other(oh yeah they stack by the way) Good luck...

I'm going to insulate the coop better before winter gets here, but I'm just not sure that would be good enough for her, so I might just have to buy one of those cages you mention and just bring her inside, at least at night. I'm not sure what temp they can withstand, and I can't seem to find that information anywhere. I know she'll miss the two silkies though.

I have no idea on the silkies, but your sultan for sure looks like a pullet!
smile.png
I miss my Sultans.
sad.png
Of course, I only managed to hatch ONE chick out of 12 eggs (it was in the 105 disaster bator) and it's a ROO! Sighs. But I'm going to get some more.

On another subject--we live at about 3,000' and we get well below zero temps with feet & feet of snow. My sultan did well in the snow last winter. We did have a 350 watt red heat lamp in the coop, though.

Ok, thanks! That helps a lot. I wanted to get one of those lamps anyway. Maybe I can make it work with the lamp and the extra insulation. I'm so glad I found this forum!

Back
Top Bottom