Please help with incubation humidity

I have been trying to set eggs for the last 24 hours and cannot get the humidity set to save my life. I’m in the desert and our humidity is already low, but I can’t get this humidity past 45 unless I fill the reservoir, then it hits 60+ (nurture right 360). I had an issue with this on my last hatch, so I bought the hygrometer, and of course my incubator is off. Incubator says temp 101 and humidity 46, but hygrometer says 99.8 and 45.3. My temp can only be adjusted by .5 degrees, so I end up higher than 99.5 or lower, but never spot on. What the heck? Please help - thanks!
I'm not in the desert but right now our heater is keeping the remove humidity in the house at 25-30 percent. I've been having the same issues so I can relate. I think if you click on my picture you should be able to find my thread about it. The person that replied had my incubator model and suggested a dropper. I'm using a syringe that you use for oral medication for temps and so far, it seems to be holding. If you post again with the model of incubator you are using more than likely you'll find someone who can help you better than I can. Don't lose hope. 💖

I'm not in the desert but right now our heater is keeping the remove humidity in the house at 25-30 percent. I've been having the same issues so I can relate. I think if you click on my picture you should be able to find my thread about it. The person that replied had my incubator model and suggested a dropper. I'm using a syringe that you use for oral medication for temps and so far, it seems to be holding. If you post again with the model of incubator you are using more than likely you'll find someone who can help you better than I can. Don't lose hope. 💖
Why, thank you 😊 I have found that my not-supposed-to-be broody, broody Cemani hens have a much better hatch rate than the bator, and they are great mamas😊 The bator did come in handy when one hen hatched out 11 of 14 eggs. She left the nest and I put the three remaining in the bator. After candling and only seeing movement in one, I left it in the bator, and 7 days after the original hatch, the cutest little fluff ball popped out and is now with mama and siblings. Nature is awesome ❤️

I feel like we all just have to come to a peace with ourselves at not being able to micromanage every detail. I know close only counts in.... But in this case, we're only human! I hope your hatch gets easier and wish you the best of success!

I feel like we all just have to come to a peace with ourselves at not being able to micromanage every detail. I know close only counts in.... But in this case, we're only human! I hope your hatch gets easier and wish you the best of success!
It worked itself out and the temps and humidity finally got stable. We’ll see how my current hatch goes 😊

Back
Top Bottom