Please help with racoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I'm from coons are the major carriers of rabies and coon round worms IV read can make a person can go blind.
If your ok with them taking a crap in your vegetable garden or kids play area that's your problem.
If one gets caught in a live trap the local pd will exterminate it.

0.jpg

I fail to see what all the hoopla is about.

As bobthechicken fails to understand raccoons live in loose colonies of 2 or 3 individuals up to dozens of individuals. If you have one large raccoon at your location you may have a dozen or more as the parade of coons above proves.

As this video also proves, there are more than enough raccoons in this old world that every back yard chicken person could set a table for a few and there would still be a mighty multitude of hungry coons.

Maybe if more of us had a colony of coons in our own backyard like the one above that would help create a consistence on how to deal with the raccoon problem that so many of us have. At least it could promote a better understanding of the problem.

Last edited:
Everyone to each their own...when and if presented with this problem I will have a wildlife conservation person remove the problem animals so that they can become someone else's problems

Is that a groundhog? Never seen what their face looks like....I used to like coins til I learned they could rip my birds apart.I don't swerve to miss them any more...I chuckle at all the flattened coons..skunks and possums people have run over during the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom