1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

please help with show in info

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ameraucanacrazy, Mar 22, 2009.

1. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    can someone tell me how a show works any one like getting in do i have to be in a show club and everything else and do u win money for placeing
    in a show

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Contact the show secretary & ask for the entry form & show booklet.

The rules specific to that show as well as any premiums or prizes will be listed, along with entry deadline and other pertinent information.

Prize money is not common, but is more often found at fairs or breed club nationals.

I've never seen a show where club membership was required to enter, although for some prizes you must be a member (for example, APA & ABA awards require membership; breed club awards and prizes often are limited to breed club members). Most APA or ABA sanctioned shows are open "to the world," but some fairs and some states limit entries to locals,

3. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    when is the next show in ga

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by