Please help with sick peacock

@Shay1Bear , how's she doing? Your Baytril should arrive tomorrow, and if everyone agrees, I think you should stop Tylan tonight and start Baytril tomorrow. Dose will be 1/4 tablet *orally* twice a day for no more than 5 days.

@everyone, we sent 5 50mg tablets they look like this:

-Kathy

Okay good deal. I stoped the Tylan 50 this morning just to give her a fresh start on the Baytril when it arrives. That way im not putting a bunch of stuff into her system. The Tylan was holding her respiratory infection at bay because I can tell the differance in her breathing with her not getting it this morning shes been breathing worse.

I will try it. For some reason I dont think this scale is reading right at all so whatv I dod is weigh myself on my digital scale and I weighed 121.6 then I weighed myself holding little eagle and our weight together is 123.5 the scale I got to weigh her is a kitchen scale

The next time you have a can to open for cooking, weigh it on the kitchen scale that you got for the birds while still full and then after it is empty, and see if the difference is close to the amount that is supposed to be in the can. There might be a switch on it someplace that changes it from ounces to grams, or from kilos to pounds, or to digital pounds... Or maybe it just doesn't have enough range for what you are trying to weigh?

Im still giving it to her at 0.125 am and 0.125 pm orally. she is on day 5 and still showing improvement should I go to 7 days and then just mix 1/2 tsp per gallon for another 7 days?

@Shay1Bear , the pills you're getting tomorrow must be given orally and *not* mixed in her food. They are quite small, so you will need a sharp pill cutter or razor blade to cute them in quarters. Then give 1/4 every 12 hours. What time does your mail come?

-Kathy

Our mail usually comes anywhere from 11:30-1:00 it just depends. I do have a pill cutter so thats good, as soon as our mail gets here I will get her all set up and give her the first dose.

so this is the scale I have been attempting to weigh Little Eagle on. I payed $2.00 for it lol so I thought I would give it a try. I need to get a digital scale....I will be so happy when my babys all better. This has been really stressful you guys! Well worth the work and the patients!

so this is the scale I have been attempting to weigh Little Eagle on. I payed $2.00 for it lol so I thought I would give it a try. I need to get a digital scale....I will be so happy when my babys all better. This has been really stressful you guys! Well worth the work and the patients!
If she will stand still for you, place a small towel on top, make note of how much it weighs in grams, place her on the towel, make note of mow much she weighs in grams on the towel, then subtract the weight of the towel and that will be her weight. If she won't stand still, do it in a dark bath room with a flashlight... They will usually just stand if it's dark.

If you want to check it for accuracy, place a measuring cup on it, make note of it's weight in grams, then fill the cup with 1 cup of water (8 ounces and re-weigh. Weight should equal weight of cup *plus* 227 grams (that's how much 8 ounces of water weighs). Make sense?

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom