Please help with sick peacock

PS sugar and flower can promote bacteria growth that is why we use corn starch on a baby's but and not flower and sugar
wink.png

I think sugar works also, I've used it on navels with good results.

I had little success with sugar, glad to hear somebody can get it to work. Could be the navel I tried it on was bleeding too much. There's a powder you can get in pharmacy section of store I think, that kinda works, but again, it can only do so much. But it worked way better for me than sugar
hmm.png

The vet (if you are on good terms with one) can give you the very coolest swabs, and those work fantastic. You have to keep them dry, and there has to be enough blood to get them to work.

@casportpony , I'm guessing you can tell us what they are, because I have forgotten. I used to keep a little stash of them for first aid, but I dunno what happened to them after I moved. They actually cauterize the wound, you just patiently rub it with the chemical swab. I guess I need to get some fresh ones to keep on hand, come to think of it...

I was doing some research and read a few times that people use super glue on their animals wounds. I would think that could be dangerous considering the fact that it could get into their blood stream.my husband used it when he gets splits on his fingers from work and has for years. It was like a steady stream of blood! I rinsed it and put some pressure in it until the blood slowed then I put flour on it prior to reading it could cause bacterial growth
1f629.png
thats all I need right now.....

I was doing some research and read a few times that people use super glue on their animals wounds. I would think that could be dangerous considering the fact that it could get into their blood stream.my husband used it when he gets splits on his fingers from work and has for years. It was like a steady stream of blood! I rinsed it and put some pressure in it until the blood slowed then I put flour on it prior to reading it could cause bacterial growth
1f629.png
thats all I need right now.....

Super glue works great for gluing wounds shut, they used it on me at the hospital. You can look online and find information about it. I don't think getting into the bloodstream is an issue with it. It's used on some things that used to get stitches.

But I am not aware whether it will work on an open wound that can't be closed, like where something has been cut completely off or severely scraped, or a bloody navel. I think those have to be treated differently. Would love to hear different...

Back
Top Bottom