Tetracycline dose

Tanya22

Songster
5 Years
Oct 23, 2018
India
Hello! I need to start a course of tetracycline for my chicken (5 and a half years old rooster) as he has breathing issue which is not going away. I have tetracycline hydrochloride water soluble vet. It says to give 5 mg per 4.5 litres of water at the back of the package to treat poultry.
Please help me know:
1. How many days should I give the medicine
2. How many times in a day should I give it
tetracycline-hydrochloride-water-soluble-powder.jpg

Usually Tetracycline is given 5-7 days.

The medicated water should be the only source of drinking water during the treatment period.
Oh I see! I gave him the first dose last night, but sure I can give it all the time.

Also how many times should I change the water in a day? I read on poultrydvm that tetracycline's potency reduces in around 3 hours..

Usually Tetracycline is given 5-7 days.

The medicated water should be the only source of drinking water during the treatment period.
Also, I had another question. I've noticed that his head is tilted to one side. Seems like wry neck to me and I think this respiratory infection is the issue only. But in case it's a deficiency, I've started him on a 3 day course of his regular multivitamin drops + half capsule of vitamin E directly given in his mouth, once daily.
I'm also giving him almonds and sunflower seeds since I read they have a lot of vitamin e and selemine.
Is this okay? Should I do anything else?

Back
Top Bottom