Please help with these photos....

Quote:
Well see, Laken velders don't have beards. and they have slate legs while he has white..

Then there's he is a bit too dark in the coloring/The coloring is in the wrong places to be a lakenvelder. He's closer to that of a D'anver bantam in color+ with the beard, but would still need to be cross to get that big/have white legs..

The other one could be a New hampshire but is too dark in coloring, So he would probably have rhode island red or something in the background to make him that dark.. Which is why i said "Production red" (Hatchery rhode island red)..

You can look around on feathersite and read up on the breeds. It'll help a lot in guessing them
wink.png

I didn't even notice the beard on that 1st chick. See, I told you I'm no expert.
lol.png

I agree that every single one of them is definitely a roo.

#5 looks like a production red to me (looks just like mine, only masculine). I'm guessing that the rest of them are probably mixes. Top one has a beard with pink legs and a straight comb - strange mixture. I believe black australorps have grey legs, not yellow. #2 does not have the body shape of an orpington and the legs are also the wrong color. The person who sold them may have had all his chickens running together.

Back
Top Bottom