Please Help! Wyandotte Chick Sexing

Wow, that's SO cool that they're both from Comps! :celebrate What are the chances?!?

Yes, Comps' Wyandottes have amazing lacing; I'm really impressed with the quality of most of their birds. Though our Faverolles didn't turn out exactly show quality.. .;) I may have missed it somewhere in this thread, but what's your Golden's name?

May I ask what other breeds you have? 🙂 I'd give you a list of mine but they're already in my profile text...

Leia has been going broody a lot too; thankfully she doesn't last for that long though.
I'm always able to catch her early so we don't have to go through the trauma of separating her from the flock... :p

I do love Australorps, we have one and I call her 'EggMaster 2000' I''m sure you can guess why :ya

Hehe, yep... Ours goes straight to the nest box first thing every morning; I don't think she's missed a day since she's gotten used to the idea of laying. Our BR also a wonderful layer; she laid two eggs yesterday! :D

Pics of the little chick would be fun; I'd love to see how she turns out! We had a roo that was supposed to be a Buff Laced, but he turned out more splash-looking...

Yes, Comps' Wyandottes have amazing lacing; I'm really impressed with the quality of most of their birds. Though our Faverolles didn't turn out exactly show quality.. .;) I may have missed it somewhere in this thread, but what's your Golden's name?

Well.. quite embarrassing really but I am very bad at naming chooks. She is just Goldie- or occasionally 'Golden Girl'.

My Silver laced is um.. you guessed it- Silver/ Silvie. She's also my favourite but don't tell the others.
The Australorp is Mrs Black, or 'EggMaster 2000'😁
We have a Isa Brown x Australorp... Mrs Brown:th.. Although behind her back I sometimes refer to her as 'the murderer' but that's a story for another time. She's a bit insane.

Then we have the two little chicks that Goldie is raising- one Silkie and one 'blue laced red wyandotte' or so the egg was marked. Honestly looking at that chick today, it doesn't look particularly wyandotte-esque. I think I might make a seperate thread and see if I can find any other pics of splash laced at that age. They look different on google.. The black is throwing me off or something! What do you reckon?
119470297_434049157578012_8602638964691451810_n.jpg
119552947_3700881909944734_4786681700278213110_n.jpg

Leia has been going broody a lot too; thankfully she doesn't last for that long though.
I'm always able to catch her early so we don't have to go through the trauma of separating her from the flock... :p

Must be genetic in their line! I've tried all sorts of methods to break Goldie. I even tried the ice pack method but she just stayed on it and shivered. I had to stop. She was so determined poor thing.

Barred rocks are so pretty! I didn't know they were star layers. Are they friendly?

Back
Top Bottom