Please help!

We have a ten gal cage, lots of hides, two water bowls, non slip carpet, a heating pad, and a 60watt red bulb. We only want about 15 chicks, so hopefully they won't be crowded. We have non-medicated manna pro show/game bird food which I believe is 24% protein. We have an incubator but would rather buy young chicks. They will be pets and egg producers. We have raised several other quail species before, but never any coturnix. Please help!

Anyone? Please I really need help!
hu.gif
D.gif

Coturnix are easiest of all really. Brood chicks at 95 the first week and drop it 5 degrees a week for four weeks. They arent very aggressive as chicks so you can even use a white light to brood them. If youve raised other species youll have no problems.

Thank you so much! Should I use a white light? I have a red one set up but can easily change that. Also, do you know if it is safe to keep a few of these quail in a large outdoor inclosure with a young greek tortoise? He is a very close pet, so we don't want him to get any diseases from the quail...Thank you for your input!
wink.png

The outdoor enclosure has a large underground burrow, several hides, lots of plants, and some grass, as well as an automatically filling water bowl. I believe it is either 8 by 4 or 10 by 4 ft long with wire and wood top and sides. The ground is dirt.

The fastest way to get information is to search the archives. Most likely the reason you aren't getting many responses is because the people that can answer these questions have answered them thousands of times and don't want to repeat the same thing over and over again. Every question a person could think to ask has probably been discussed here by now. The archives are crammed full of good information just restrict your searches to the quail section by using the advanced search feature and you'll get days worth of advice.

Back
Top Bottom