Please Help

Hello, my name is Alex, and I'm having some trouble with my baby chick. I used to have a hen and a few chicks, but everybody (except for the "runt") died. I think either a cat or a mongoose got into the pen somehow. Anyways, my only surviving chick keeps crying. She still eats and everything, she just won't stop chirping. She's running around, trying to find her mom and siblings I guess. What should I do? How do I get her to stop chirping constantly? I have a brother who raises chickens. He has a rooster or two, and a couple of hens (but no chicks). I also have a neighbor with plenty of roosters, hens, and chicks. Would it be better if I give the chick to one of them so she won't feel so lonely? Please help, I'm really feeling clueless right now
I say you should get some more chickens the same age/size and put them in like a water trough or dog cage and put a brooder lamp on it. Or you should give it to the neighbor because your neighbor has chicks!! Good Luck!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Unfortunately, she passed away early this morning. We're not sure why; perhaps an illness we didn't realize she had, or maybe it was a combination of us feeding her too much and her not drinking enough water. Whatever the reason, I just wanted to thank you all for the great advice you've given me. I don't think I'll be getting more chickens (babies or otherwise), at least, not any time soon.
I am so sorry.
hit.gif
sad.png
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom