Please help!!!

How old is she and what percent protein feed are they on and do you supplement calcium? :)
This is what i feed them ..

I was looking over the web site where your feed is made and it mentions that there are two medications added to some of the feeds.
http://alzu.co.za/alzuFeedsChicken.html

Cocsidiostats and Antibiotics:

That could be the problem in the
alzu layer 105 lm105 but I am not sure as it never mentioned that under the feed 105.

I am not sure what 160 g of protein is in a percentage as 160g does not calculate/convert mathematically to a percent, but I am thinking it is not enough. Quail are not like chickens so Quail require more protein of 21% or higher, chickens can survive on 8%-12%...so there is a big difference.
Is there another feed provider or brand you can find in your area that offers a higher 21%+ protein feed?

In the mean time, as a daily in addition to your feed, if you can spare some meats like canned fish, insects, worms that is the type of proteins the quail needs and is higher in protein than any seed or grain.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I was looking over the web site where your feed is made and it menions that there are two medications added to the feeds.

alzu layer 105 lm105
it also listed the 16 g of protien which is not enough for game quail. Is there another feed provider or brand you can find in your area?
There are other providers but I'll have to check first to see who is the best.

I was looking over the web site where your feed is made and it menions that there are two medications added to the feeds.

alzu layer 105 lm105
it also listed the 16 g of protien which is not enough for game quail. Is there another feed provider or brand you can find in your area?
wil the starter range or grower range on the following work or not?

Sorry for the corrections to my post above, I edited it after I posted. I was reading the Alzu web site and looking at all the available feeds (I am guessing your in another nation), and seen some of my mistakes in reading and reviewing the web site feed specifications.

To give you a yes or no on the
Alzu LAYER CONCENTRATE LMK
(Reg. Nr. V12107 Act 36/1947),

I cant say it will work or not (sorry)
idunno.gif
. but it does have a higher protein 240 g and the other was only 160 g. protein is important for quail.
But I will say The change would be better for your birds.

Sorry for the corrections to my post above, I edited it after I posted. I was reading the Alzu web site and looking at all the available feeds (I am guessing your in another nation), and seen some of my mistakes in reading and reviewing the web site feed specifications.

To give you  a yes or no on the
Alzu LAYER CONCENTRATE LMK

(Reg. Nr. V12107 Act 36/1947),

I cant say it will work or not (sorry):idunno . but it does have a higher protein 240 g and the other was only 160 g. protein is important for quail.
But I will say The change would be better for your birds.
yes i am from South Africa. I wil go and buy some of the other starter feed and mix it in with the one's i have and the also my meal worms that I'm breeding is almost ready ro use then i will give them meal worms 3times a week... hopefully that wil work

Thanks Aart.

I searched a few math sites and most all said it would not convert but knew that was wrong. But in saying that I did not want to post some fallacy of math that I could not confirm..... What do you know? I Did it anyway!
he.gif

"""" I am not sure what 160 g of protein is in a percentage as 160g does not calculate/convert mathematically to a percent,"""""

The liquid courage was working on me last night, so I could blame it on that...but will take the responsibility of error and shame.

bookmarked the site as well.

Back
Top Bottom