Please help!!!

That is absolutely great @Eggcessive, thank you so much for all the info!! Definitely makes me feel a bit more definite about the whole tube feeding process!! She seems to be settled now she's had some food and is just resting. I will be sure to post again tomorrow and let you know how she is doing.xx

Why cull? A Lil effort and it could be fixed? Off topic but my python had severe scale rot cuz of prior owner.... I spent weeks healing him... Yea he died... But I still tried my darnest....

Last edited:
Why cull? A Lil effort and it could be fixed? Off topic but my python had severe scale rot cuz of prior owner.... I spent weeks healing him... Yea he died... But I still tried my darnest....

Most people don't like to put the time and effort into healing a sick bird or any animal. We try everything we can to save our animals.

Update on Chekov the duck. She is on the mend I think, she can sit with her head up and she can balance herself while swimming in the bath. Still not able to walk about yet as her neck is still weak. Tube feeding her 4 times a day and she is able to drink water by herself. She is very, very lethargic though but hoping this will improve with time?? Fingers crossed!!!xx

Another wee update on Chekov!! She is up on her feet and keeping her balance well, which is amazing considering this time last week there was no movement and not a lot of hope for her!! Only thing is, she is still being fed by tube and to give her water I still need to hold the bowl up to her. She just doesn't seem to have any interest in eating what so ever. I wondered, for anyone who has tube fed before, how did you introduce normal feeding again??? I have liquidised her food and tried her that way but still no real interest in feeding for herself. She is not yet strong enough to go back in with the other ducks, but hopefully she will keep improving day to day and will be back with her friends soon!!xx

Back
Top Bottom