Please help!

chickenloverrx

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2017
Please help! I have found an injured wild baby duckling and it looks like she has a broken leg and also some skin out of her side. It's leg is not "bent" but it is hanging and not putting any pressure on it whatsoever (she tries so hard to stand up):hit... she looks to be about maybe 1-2 weeks old. I've raised ducklings before so I have her under a heat lamp and she did take in some soft & fresh little egg pieces and drank water. If anyone can give me tips on how I can fix her leg or if there is anything I can do, it would be very much appreciated. Will be posting pics below.

This poor baby.

Attachments

• IMG_3576.JPG
    IMG_3576.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3576.JPG
    IMG_3576.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 9
umm, do you have a vet close by, or know a animal rescuer, or just a person that has treated sick or hurt animals, you should ask them what to do

umm, do you have a vet close by, or know a animal rescuer, or just a person that has treated sick or hurt animals, you should ask them what to do
Yes. Wanting to know what to do in the meantime. I cannot get her in until Monday. :barnie

in my opinion, you should clean her up and feed her vitamins such as nutri-drench to help her heal
I have. I have gently cleaned around her wound and luckily I had some vitamin crumbs left over from my other ducklings when I was raising them and she ate it. Yes, I do plan on keeping her if possible.

Back
Top Bottom