Please help.

Not sure. I was wondering if maybe one of the other chicks hurt her or something. I don’t think anything is broken at this point. I put nutridrench in their water this morning, and she seemed to perk up. However, she’s still doing that weird thing with her neck.
Yeah, I don’t think chicks roughhouse to the point of breaking bones. Should it in fact be broken I am sure it’ll heal again without any help.
Monitor to see if she drinks regularly - if not give a drop (undiluted) directly on the side of her beak. You might want to do that anyway, at least ince or twice, actually. Glad to hear she is perking up. The neck thing might take a couple of days to resolve. Did you find the date printed on your feed bag?

Yeah, I don’t think chicks roughhouse to the point of breaking bones. Should it in fact be broken I am sure it’ll heal again without any help.
Monitor to see if she drinks regularly - if not give a drop (undiluted) directly on the side of her beak. You might want to do that anyway, at least ince or twice, actually. Glad to hear she is perking up. The neck thing might take a couple of days to resolve. Did you find the date printed on your feed bag?

I didn’t think they could, either. The feed date is 10/17.

I didn’t think they could, either. The feed date is 10/17.
THAT is what I thought, your feed is way too old. Feed should not be fed once it is more than 6WEEKS old, fresher is better. It is totally reasonable to expect a feed atore to have feed that is no more than two weeks old. Go to the feed store and buy fresh chick feed asap. You want a March 18 date.

THAT is what I thought, your feed is way too old. Feed should not be fed once it is more than 6WEEKS old, fresher is better. It is totally reasonable to expect a feed atore to have feed that is no more than two weeks old. Go to the feed store and buy fresh chick feed asap. You want a March 18 date.

They’re not open until Monday. :(

Well, I’m just going to have to keep giving the nutridrench. I just bought this bag of feed. :( What a waste.

Sounds like the beginning of wry neck or Vitamin E encephalitis, otherwise known as Crazy chick disease. If you do a thread search for these things, you may find a video that shows similar movement patterns to what you are seeing with this gal. In addition to the PND, you can give her a drop of vitamin E from a vit. E capsule. You can also shave a bit of powder off a selenium tablet and give her a bit of that. (I am not trained in animal medicine, nor am I qualified to tell you how much or what to give to a chick, but this is what I would do, and have done with the only chick I ever had with this issue.) ASAP, buy some new feed. As Stephine says, mill date should be within 6 weeks. I try to USE UP my feed by the time it's 6 weeks past mill date. You may need to find an other store if they can't provide fresh feed. I would still take the remains of that bag of feed back to the store, tell them your chick got sick on it, and see what they will do. They will probably refuse to replace it, but if the manager has any integrity he should replace it with an apology to you for selling rancid feed.

Sounds like the beginning of wry neck or Vitamin E encephalitis, otherwise known as Crazy chick disease. If you do a thread search for these things, you may find a video that shows similar movement patterns to what you are seeing with this gal. In addition to the PND, you can give her a drop of vitamin E from a vit. E capsule. You can also shave a bit of powder off a selenium tablet and give her a bit of that. (I am not trained in animal medicine, nor am I qualified to tell you how much or what to give to a chick, but this is what I would do, and have done with the only chick I ever had with this issue.) ASAP, buy some new feed. As Stephine says, mill date should be within 6 weeks. I try to USE UP my feed by the time it's 6 weeks past mill date. You may need to find an other store if they can't provide fresh feed. I would still take the remains of that bag of feed back to the store, tell them your chick got sick on it, and see what they will do. They will probably refuse to replace it, but if the manager has any integrity he should replace it with an apology to you for selling rancid feed.

I appreciate you guys’ help. :) A LOT.

Back
Top Bottom