Please help.

Should I still be rubbing PND on the side of her mouth twice a day, on top of the vitamin E and selenium? She also has it in her drinking water. Is that way too much vitamins?

I would do a drop on the beak twice a day for the affected chick and put it in the water, too. ALL the chicks are harmed by the rancid feed and they might show signs soon, too, if you don’t supplement the vitamins. As far as I know nutridrench has vitamin e in it, so you should be good.
I would make a stink at the feed store - they should not have sold you that old feed and it made your chick sick. I would ask for my money back or never shop there again.

I would do a drop on the beak twice a day for the affected chick and put it in the water, too. ALL the chicks are harmeed by the rancid feed and they might show signs soon, too, if you don’t supplement the vitamins. As far as I know nutridrench has vitamin e in it, so you should be good.
I would make a stink at the feed store - they should not have sold you that old feed and it made your chick sick. I would ask for my money back or never shop there again.

I’ve used them for years, and this is the first time this has happened. I’m sure they’ll do me right.The feed doesn’t smell rancid.

I’ve used them for years, and this is the first time this has happened. I’m sure they’ll do me right.The feed doesn’t smell rancid.
That’s good! It doesn’t need to smell bad to be bad... trust us on this one, feed needs to be as close to the mill date as possible, never more than 6 weeks when fed (under normal, good storage conditions). Mills know that - any feed store should certainly know too.

Last edited:
agree but, also never feed from bags that have gotten wet - moldy food can kill them.And not any that you find bugs in. That can happen if bags had any small tears in them .

I’ve used them for years, and this is the first time this has happened. I’m sure they’ll do me right.
agree but, also never feed from bags that have gotten wet - moldy food can kill them.And not any that you find bugs in. That can happen if bags had any small tears in them .

The bag is in a cool, dry place. It’s not moldy or wet. I don’t see any tear anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom