Please help!

That first one looks to me like what we call shadowing, it's pushing into the membrane and getting ready to internally pip.
The other 4 end have pretty small air cells for the day they are on. . but don't despair yet.
The veins still look good to me, and I've seen small air cells grow rapidly in the last couple of days before hatching. If the temp was a bit low, they may just be behind a bit.
@WVduckchick do you think it would be a good idea for them to mist these eggs to help the air cells enlarge?

The one you said looked better than the others has internally pipped im pretty sure. Why is this one so much more on target than the others? Just curious bc they have all been in the same incubator
The incubator may have spots that are warmer or cooler.
I keep 4 or 5 calibrated thermometers in mine so I knew exactly which spots are slightly different.

The one you said looked better than the others has internally pipped im pretty sure. Why is this one so much more on target than the others? Just curious bc they have all been in the same incubator
I'm not completely sure why this happens, but I can theorize that possibly it may have gotten a head start by being in a warmer spot in the incubator, or a spot where the humidity was lower, or it could have gotten warmed up in the nest and began the incubation process while still in the nest somehow. .
Sometimes they can hatch several days apart. :idunno
Maybe that one is an overachiever! :)

First candling pic looks good to me. It should pip any time now :)
It’s fine to lay it on its side now.

The others appear to be further behind. I agree with the others, probably warm/cooler spots in the incubator. Not much you can do now but wait.

I would not mist them at this point. Possibly rub the slower ones shells with a barely-damp sponge to remove a little bloom, but dry the egg afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom