Please help !!!

Please post some photos of your rooster and his poop.
How long has it been since the fight?
Any swelling or air bubbles under the wing?
He may have suffered some head trauma. I would place him in his own pen, make sure he's eating/drinking.
Provide him with poultry vitamins for a couple of days too.
Here are the pics of Larry our sick chicken I must say he is doing better today he was up.moving around and eating and he looks a little better
20200906_091336.jpg
20200906_091350.jpg

:( well Larry is getting worse and I have tried everything I can think of.. I cant stand to see him suffering it is breaking my heart .We are new to the roster thing and I hate seeing him like this

Is he able to stand?
How long since the fight?
You mentioned bruising under the wing (?) is he having any difficulty breathing?

I'm sorry he's not getting better. Sometimes when a bird has been in a fight, they can lose some confidence for a short period of time.
Since he's not improving with supportive care, then he may have suffered more injury than you initially suspected or he may also have something else going on. Sometimes stress/trauma can cause an underlying illness to present.

Check him over again really well, for more bruising, injury, etc. A lot of times all you can do is work on hydration, then nutrition. Green poop can also be from a number of things from not eating to infection to worms.

I'm so sorry :(. I hope he feels better, you're doing a really good job caring for him. The most important thing is to make sure he eats and drinks, also make sure he gets some outside time. Chickens can get depression too and that would definitely not help the situation. Good luck!

:hit our beloved Larry past away this afternoon. We tried so I didn't feel like there was no effort in our parts we will get through this and we have others to tend to Thank you all for the help It help me not feel like we weren't doing nothing

Back
Top Bottom