Please help.

moeshamblin

Hatching
Dec 23, 2020
I have 2 sebright Bantams and 1 is really sick I have been told 3 different things and just need need some more input. I have been giving her vitamins B and E. Electrolight and feeding her. My other one is just laying around and is not using her leggs but is eating and drinking on her owns

We need more information to help you. What are her symptoms? How long has she been like this? Is she eating or drinking? Do an examine. Does her breath smell? How does her crop feel? How does her abdomen feel? Any sign of injuries? What is her poop like?

We need more information to help you. What are her symptoms? How long has she been like this? Is she eating or drinking? Do an examine. Does her breath smell? How does her crop feel? How does her abdomen feel? Any sign of injuries? What is her poop like?
I tried to put a video of her on her it will not load. She not eating or drinking on her own. It just started yesterday. Her poo was perfect. Not sure about breath. Croop was hard to find but when found it it's not full but has small amount of food it. It seems to be good. She was in good health till yesterday. Her head is down, wings out to side and feet up in front of her if you sit with her head moves around like she drunk

I tried to put a video of her on her it will not load. She not eating or drinking on her own. It just started yesterday. Her poo was perfect. Not sure about breath. Croop was hard to find but when found it it's not full but has small amount of food it. It seems to be good. She was in good health till yesterday. Her head is down, wings out to side and feet up in front of her if you sit with her head moves around like she drunk
In order to share a video in your post you need to first upload it to YouTube or Vimeo then share the link here.
Do you know if she was vaccinated for Marek's? Sebrights are very susceptible to contracting it.

How old is she? Age might help us rule out Marek's but based on the head movement I'm thinking that or something neurological. Does she have any nasal discharge or raspy breathing? Does she have any sores under her feathers?

Edit: Look at her eyes. Are her pupils irregular?

In order to share a video in your post you need to first upload it to YouTube or Vimeo then share the link here.
Do you know if she was vaccinated for Marek's? Sebrights are very susceptible to contracting it.
No I don't think so unfortunately she and her was a gift ( I love to look of Bantam but knew they were difficult so I really didn't want them) but can't say no to a gift. I don't think the lady before me vaccinated

Maybe ate something that was bad? Sounds like feed poisoning to me
I didn't think about that. Perhaps she got into some nightshade? Again, we need clear and concise information on symptoms, age, etc. to help you. We are all willing to help if we can.:thumbsup If we can rule out Marek's it would be even better because that is the one thing that is incurable.

Back
Top Bottom