PLEASE HELP!

Akira8604

Chirping
Feb 14, 2021
I have seven day eggs in my incubator. The friggen incubator got unplugged some time I guess yesterday now and I just found out 5 mins ago. I wasn't able to do anything to keep them warm so they were cold when I plugged them back in. Are they all going to die? There were definitely some that had started developing. I'm so heartbroken. This is the first time I have ever attempted to hatch eggs from my own birds.

I'm not sure but the eggs were cold to the touch. There was condensation in the incubator. That's all I know.

I had 22 eggs in our incubator for a week when the power went out during the Snowpocalypse here in Texas last February. We had 15-30 minutes of electricity followed by 1 to 5 hours of blackouts. I let them percolate and 15 of them hatched. One died due to an umbilical hernia that became infected. The remaining 14 are 2 weeks old and growing like weeds.

I have seven day eggs in my incubator. The friggen incubator got unplugged some time I guess yesterday now and I just found out 5 mins ago. I wasn't able to do anything to keep them warm so they were cold when I plugged them back in. Are they all going to die? There were definitely some that had started developing. I'm so heartbroken. This is the first time I have ever attempted to hatch eggs from my own birds.
They have a chance. You see during the power outage in Houston, my incubator unplugged , or stopped, and they were in there disconnected for THREE days, we decided to take a chance on em, and they ended hatching! We now have another 2 chicks in our flock.

I had 22 eggs in our incubator for a week when the power went out during the Snowpocalypse here in Texas last February. We had 15-30 minutes of electricity followed by 1 to 5 hours of blackouts. I let them percolate and 15 of them hatched. One died due to an umbilical hernia that became infected. The remaining 14 are 2 weeks old and growing like weeds.
That's reassuring, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom