Please help!

BackyardChickenslover

In the Brooder
Jan 1, 2021
Hi all, I currently have 4 chickens who are very, very loud. I have a buff orpington which is the loudest , a lavender orpington, a rhode island red, and an easter egger. I live in a neighboorhood and not a farm so they are quiet loud. They start going crazy at like 6 ish in the morning and I have to feed them. After that, like 3 minutes later, they go crazy again! I have been like this for like 5 months by now and am very tired of it. What can I do? Thanks in advance!

Can you leave feed in the coop for them, so they're not asking for it first thing in the morning?

Also it sounds like you've inadvertently trained them to get your attention - they make noise, you feed them. More noise, you come out. As long as noise = they get some attention, they'll keep on doing it.

And some individual birds are simply louder or chattier. If that's a problem, rehoming the chatterbox might help.

Hi all, I currently have 4 chickens who are very, very loud. I have a buff orpington which is the loudest , a lavender orpington, a rhode island red, and an easter egger. I live in a neighboorhood and not a farm so they are quiet loud. They start going crazy at like 6 ish in the morning and I have to feed them. After that, like 3 minutes later, they go crazy again! I have been like this for like 5 months by now and am very tired of it. What can I do? Thanks in advance!
I am no expert by far so my idea may not work. Chickens get restless and bored. Have you tried hanging cd disk so they can play with it? There are many more ideas here. I have a RIR named Gladys and she's always been very vocal; it's enough to drive you crazy! So I get your frustration. She does get the others going too. I too am in a neighborhood and had to get another home for a rooster that we didn't want or need. He was LOUD! I could hear him down the street. My closest neighbor said they didn't mind for he has chickens too. We did find a home for him thank God. I understand the nervousness you have for respect of all your neighbors. I hope the cd thing works for you. Good luck!

Another question, they don't need to lay eggs and don't want food and they are just like babababababa the whole time in the morning around 7-12

Anything to help that??

Back
Top Bottom