Please help!

mpgavin87

Hatching
Jun 16, 2021
Hello all. First post, first time raising any chickens. My wife brought home our home 10 chicks March 18th from our local TSC.
Everything has been great up till the last 3 days. I’ve had 4 chickens die from is believe to be what, coccidiosis after discussing with 2 coworkers who have raised chickens in the past. They recommended dosing them with Corid.
Also have read the Nutri-drench is helpful with recovery.
My question is, can I mix the appropriate amounts of both Nutri-drench and Corid in the same water supply for all my chickens?
Thank you all for any advice

Hello all. First post, first time raising any chickens. My wife brought home our home 10 chicks March 18th from our local TSC.
Everything has been great up till the last 3 days. I’ve had 4 chickens die from is believe to be what, coccidiosis after discussing with 2 coworkers who have raised chickens in the past. They recommended dosing them with Corid.
Also have read the Nutri-drench is helpful with recovery.
My question is, can I mix the appropriate amounts of both Nutri-drench and Corid in the same water supply for all my chickens?
Thank you all for any advice
If they are all integrated, then treat everybody. Even if you have older hens that are probably immune to cocci, or only certain young ones are affected - they will not be sickened / bothered by the Corid since it’s just a thiamine blocker. I would use the aggressive treatment and treat for one week - then again a week after that.
Don’t use the nutri drench at the same time - it may reverse the affects of the corid

The treatment dosage for an outbreak is 2 tsp (10 ml) of the liquid Corid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder Corid per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Treat all birds at the same time. Change water daily. As Dawg said, hold off on any vitamin b1 thiamine until treatment is finished.

I agree with Aampomp831. And also , until they are about 10 weeks old, try to keep them on ground that has not had chooks on it before. and educate yourself. you are responsible for lives now. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom