Please help

Mayochick

Chirping
Jul 14, 2022
Illinois
My Coop
My Coop
Hello, I have a one year old Buff Orphington. She lays good eggs, she was always active, and she’s the leader of the flock. She’s been broody for about a month now. At first she was still active she just didn’t want attention and puff up her fur. But lately she’s starting to be more slow and sleepy. I first put her in a kitty pool so her body temperature can cool down and hopefully get rid of her broodynes, then I took her away from the flock and put her in the house in a small tent. I am now feeding her, her food with egg yolk and she eats that good, but she’s not really drinking. What more can I do for her to help her get her energy back and acting normal.

Please don't put a bird, especially a sick bird in water because you can shock it...to death.

Hold a small cup of room temperature water up to our beak to see if she will drink it. Not cold. Room temp water.

Please don't put a bird, especially a sick bird in water because you can shock it...to death.

Hold a small cup of room temperature water up to our beak to see if she will drink it. Not cold. Room temp water.
Well the water was up to her feet and it was a very small pool, but I’ll remember that for next time. I have been trying to give her water with electrolytes and some recover 911.

Back
Top Bottom