Please help!

3eyondblessed

Chirping
Sep 19, 2023
My month old Ayam Cemani Chick is breathing weirdly, and is sneezing! It almost sounds like he is making a clicking noise. Please advice me on what I should do. This started a few weeks ago, but is now a bit louder.

My month old Ayam Cemani Chick is breathing weirdly, and is sneezing! It almost sounds like he is making a clicking noise. Please advice me on what I should do. This started a few weeks ago, but is now a bit louder.
How are your other chicks doing, did they catch it as well?

Does it have bubbly eyes or nasal discharge?

What exactly are you feeding? Check the milling date on the bag and insoect the feed for critters and/or mould.

Until you know what you are dealing with you can prepare a tea using

Thyme
Oregano
Fennel
Aniseed
Chamomille

Let the tea steep for one hour and serve lukewarm adding some poultry vitamins.

How are your other chicks doing, did they catch it as well?

Does it have bubbly eyes or nasal discharge?

What exactly are you feeding? Check the milling date on the bag and insoect the feed for critters and/or mould.

Until you know what you are dealing with you can prepare a tea using

Thyme
Oregano
Fennel
Aniseed
Chamomille

Let the tea steep for one hour and serve lukewarm adding some poultry vitamins.
Thank you for the reply! The other one doesn't seem to have it. Im feeding them the start and grow non medicated (purina) I added a little bit of apple cider vinegar in to there water, do you think that may help?

No bubbly eyes, but yes he does have nasal discharge.
Did you hatch them yourself or did you get them from the same seller?

I added a little bit of apple cider vinegar in to there water, do you think that may help?
In you case the ACV might prevent the chick from drinking enough, so I would rather add some poultry vitamins to the tea as suggested above.

What kind of bedding and heat source do you use?

Did you hatch them yourself or did you get them from the same seller?

In you case the ACV might prevent the chick from drinking enough, so I would rather add some poultry vitamins to the tea as suggested above.

What kind of bedding and heat source do you use?
Okay sounds good, thank you! I hatched them myself. I used some bedding pellets but it’s now mostly dust, I clean it every other week. I was using a brooder plate, but I took that out a few weeks ago (before this started).

used some bedding pellets but it’s now mostly dust, I clean it every other week
I would not use this dusty stuff as the chicks will inhale it and can get sick.
Try different bedding such as wood shavings or even some old bedcloth to see if it helps the chick to breathe and recover.

Are there just two chicks? Where do you keep them?

Changing the bedding only every other week does not seem often enough to me.

Do they have access to spend some time outside in a run?
At 4 weeks old they need to spend some hours daily in natural sunlight to stay healthy and grow strong.

Post some pictures of your setup so we will be able to suggest possible improvements.

Back
Top Bottom