please help

Maty

Songster
Jul 1, 2021
Miami, FL
I don't know what else to do, two months ago my chicken was scratching her head and shaking it I checked and saw her ears full of wax, cleaned them and it looked she was better but as time passes she started showing signs of what I thought was feathers mites I started using different things but nothing works she started loosing her feathers on her head the sling looks very dry and wrinkle also under her wings she has this scabs sending pictures please help me I'm desperate there are no vets the treat chickens in my area.

Attachments

• PXL_20231110_114955564.jpg
    PXL_20231110_114955564.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 119
  • PXL_20231110_115017476.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231110_115017476.MP.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20231110_115003895.jpg
    PXL_20231110_115003895.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 22
She's infested with lice.
1699642364580.png

I don't know what you tried but I would get some permethrin based poultry spray and spray under each wing, in her fluff under her vent, under her hackle feathers on her back and in her chest feathers down to the skin in each location. Then put some on a cotton ball or cotton cloth and carefully blot her head and neck staying away from her eyes.

I would also strip down the coop bedding, spray the coop, treat all the other birds and rebed. Repeat in 7 days (coop too). Possibly again 7 days after that depending on how bad things are.

For this poor girl, I would also give her about 1/2 ml of Rooster Booster daily for 3-5 days to help her recover.

Inspect her legs carefully for raised scales. She may have scaley leg mites too.

If you have any Vetracin or other poultry spray, I would spray the raw spots under her wings to help them heal.

Last edited:
View attachment 3680474

I don't know what you tried but I would get some permethrin based poultry spray and spray under each wing, in her fluff under her vent, under her hackle feathers on her back and in her chest feathers down to the skin in each location. Then put some on a cotton ball or cotton clothe and carefully blot her head and neck staying away from her eyes.

I would also strip down the coop bedding, spray the coop, treat all the other birds and rebed. Repeat in 7 days (coop too). Possibly again 7 days after that depending on how bad things are.

For this poor girl, I would also give her about 1/2 ml of Rooster Booster daily for 3-5 days to help her recover.

Inspect her legs carefully for raised scales. She may have scaley leg mites too.

If you have any Vetracin or other poultry spray, I would spray the raw spots under her wings to help them heal.
Thank you for helping with such a detailed answer @DobieLover! I'm sure OP will be so glad you took the time ☺️

View attachment 3680474

I don't know what you tried but I would get some permethrin based poultry spray and spray under each wing, in her fluff under her vent, under her hackle feathers on her back and in her chest feathers down to the skin in each location. Then put some on a cotton ball or cotton cloth and carefully blot her head and neck staying away from her eyes.

Thank you so much for your reply, I will try the permethrin

Back
Top Bottom