Please Help

scarlsens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 13, 2010
Arbuckle
O.K. so I have a roll-x that was given to us and just had a complete loss of my first hatch
barnie.gif
(or should I say lack there of). Does anyone else have one of these and could offer some tips on how to help my hatching? Everything I've read says these are good bators so it's most likely opporator error
he.gif

I have never heard of a roll-x
hide.gif

What exactly are you doing? Like temp, humidity and how many times are you turning them a day? Were they old eggs? Do you know if they were definitely fertile? That sort of stuff.

It is made by Lyon, it is supposed to be a good bator. The more I thought about it, I think it was probably the eggs. We got them from a friend so we weren't even sure what kind of chicks they would be, mutts you know. I just set 5 OEE Silver Duckwing, crossing my fingers that these will work.
fl.gif
Thank you for your help
frow.gif

Are you in Arbuckle CA? And did you buy that incubator recently off Craigslist? If so, I am soooo jealous. They are supposed to be one of the best and I just missed one a few weeks ago. I live in Anderson, BTW.

If you had your temps and humidity right and the egg turner was working, then it was probably the eggs, like you suspected. Did you candle them? If not, did you open them up after they didn't hatch and see if they had started to develop?

Good luck with this one, and do ask questions, and let us know. There is a wealth of information on this site.

babsbag
Yesterday 6:17 pm

Are you in Arbuckle CA? And did you buy that incubator recently off Craigslist? If so, I am soooo jealous. They are supposed to be one of the best and I just missed one a few weeks ago. I live in Anderson, BTW.

If you had your temps and humidity right and the egg turner was working, then it was probably the eggs, like you suspected. Did you candle them? If not, did you open them up after they didn't hatch and see if they had started to develop?

Good luck with this one, and do ask questions, and let us know. There is a wealth of information on this site.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes I am in Arbuckle CA! :droolBut saddly did not get mine off of craigslist, I keep watching craigslist but nothing. We are borrowing ours from a friend.

Back
Top Bottom