Please help...

jkm

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
Forest Grove
I live in a fairly dense neighbor hood, and I want to rehome 2 of my four chickens, they are just tooo loud!!!
How do I introduce 2 new baby chicks? raise in house/pen for how many weeks? then in run seperate for how long....
please advise and

what is quiter than barred rocks? mine just scream for attention all day, and have taught one of the buffs to scream.....
love the eggs but can't have the noise in the summer esp....
please post advice.....

I don't believe the chicken talk is anywhere near as noisy as the neighborhood dog or the stray cat in heat. We even have wild geese (canadian) and they are way more noisy then my hens.

I have a hen that is louder than the others, and too worry about the neighbors. They both work during the day so I don't worry too much. They also are aware of my birds and know the dogs are much worse. But if you feel this is still an issue, getting new birds will not solve it. Not sure of the breeds you have and plan on replacing with ( some are noisier than others ) but the hens get noisy when they are going to lay or have just layed an egg. They are proud!

these are not making noise after eggs, thats ok, these girls scream!!! I can hear them a 1/2 block away, and they do not stop,,,,
I think part of the problem was I let them out of their coop too much when they were younger, and let them have my entire yard,, now they have a smaller coop, run area and can't have the yard..
any new chcikens will be better trained about confinment and belive they are smart about how much yard they get....

My grandfather has Giant Cochins and one of the two is SOOO loud. Loud and talks all the time.

Mine are Bantam Cochins and are much quieter, even when they do get "squawky" after they lay.

I think his chicken would be a problem for me at my house.

Good luck.

thnaks for the support, talking is one thing but screaming non stop is another,,, and two are quiet, they just yell occ after an egg....

Back
Top Bottom