Please Help

Discussion in 'Geese' started by chris328, Jun 21, 2011.

1. chris328

chris328 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Hi
    i have a problem just starting with my flock of ducks and geese i have 3 black swedish ducks i think 2 males 1 female 1 welch harlequin female and 2 Toulouse Geese i think 1 male and 1 female they are all 13 weeks old the last few days the female harlequin is picking on the male toulouse goose when i give them treats she like hunches down an chaseing him and bitting him sometimes she runs him right in the coop he is 2xs her size and he seems terrified of her i thought geese were the tougher breed. also last night when i locked them in there coop i heard her picking on him. He shows no signs of injury. what do i do. She does not bother any of the others as far as i know. Thanks for any help

2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    You can either let them work it out, or you can separate them.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:X 2 It's the pecking order.

4. chris328

chris328 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Quote:X 2 It's the pecking order.

so its the little duck is the boss of the big goose. LOL

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  5. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Better off to keep them together until they get the pecking order in place.If you seperate them,it will just start all over again if you want them to run as a flock.
    In N.H.,Tony.

6. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    As long as no one is being hurt, I'd let them work it out for themselves. That is the best way to ensure peace in the long run. Once they are set in their place in the order, it should be pretty calm until/unless something changes.

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    agree with everyone, let them work it out. Wanna hear something funny, I have a big Emden gander who is afraid of our little game/bantam rooster. Everytime they are together, my gander throws his wings out and runs for his life. [the roo has never attacked him just runs at him] [​IMG]

8. n4zty

n4zty Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    ive seen this with my white embeden gander as well but as soon as he fully matured he came back and showed them chickens who is boss lol trust me once ur goose matures hes gonna slap them ducks around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by