Please help!!!

quackers3222

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 10, 2014
My goose has hatched all of her eggs bar one, She's out and about with her new clutch and has left the egg behind.
I cleaned the egg out of her nesting box and decided to see whether it had formed by breaking the shell abit. The gosling is still alive and cheeping. Please help what do I do? Do I help the gosling out of it's shell? There was blood when I broke the shell (very gently)
The egg is currently under a light, but part of it's shell is off. It's still cheeping. Thank-you so much.

My goose has hatched all of her eggs bar one, She's out and about with her new clutch and has left the egg behind.
I cleaned the egg out of her nesting box and decided to see whether it had formed by breaking the shell abit. The gosling is still alive and cheeping. Please help what do I do? Do I help the gosling out of it's shell? There was blood when I broke the shell (very gently)
The egg is currently under a light, but part of it's shell is off. It's still cheeping. Thank-you so much.
I just had to assist a chick to hatch about a week ago. If you see blood you need to stop. Keep the chick warm under a desk lamp if you dont have a bator. I managed to chip off a tiny bit of shell at a time but I let the chick rest in between. I helped the chick out by putting a little q-tip in some water and just rubbing the tip on the part of the shell that was open. Not too much just a bit and very gently. This helped her get out. She is doing great now.
Good luck and let us know how it goes. Read the assisted hatch article on this site first.
Marie

If it didn't pip externally it may need extra time to finish absorbing yolk and blood. I would give it at least 12 or more hours since you cracked the shell and then you could chip around the air cell. I put ointment on the membrane to see if the veins are absorbed. If you have it in an incubator, excellent, if under a lamp, make sure it has a moist washcloth over it so it doesn't dry out.

Thank-you so much for your advice. I was fortunate to get a lady that breeds geese to come and take a look at the little thing, she peeled the shell. So far so good, she's under a heat lamp, moving around and cheeping!yippee,I've given her a drop of sugared water too, so hopefully she'll make it through the night.Fingers crossed.
thumbsup.gif
Thank-you again

Thank-you so much for your advice. I was fortunate to get a lady that breeds geese to come and take a look at the little thing, she peeled the shell. So far so good, she's under a heat lamp, moving around and cheeping!yippee,I've given her a drop of sugared water too, so hopefully she'll make it through the night.Fingers crossed.
thumbsup.gif
Thank-you again

So glad she is doing well...hard boiled yolk can give them extra energy too. Will you try to slip her back in with the other goslings?

thumbsup.gif
Thank-you again
Excellent, good job
Pictures please....

Back
Top Bottom