Please. humidity way too high day 3/4 kill them?

newbiechickenowner

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Georgia, VT
OK...so...this whole first timer thing is really rough. You think you have it, but, there is so much information out there....you -etconfused. SO....the humidity has been at 70-73% for the past 2 days...I am in the process of correcting this as we speak, but, WILL THIS HARM OR KILL the HATCH? Ughhhh!

Your fine. Relax and don't forget to breath.

People run humidity from 35% to 60% in first 18 days. It's a big range but at what ever works for them. A spike in humidity is'nt a problem, too low humidity is harmful when chicks are piping and zipping out of shells. So remove surface area of water to get your humidity down to where you want it.

Thank you! I can't believe it is only day 5. I hope that you can't see anything candling before day 7 because with all of the debacles we have had, I candled last night (several) and couldn't see ONE thing...not one vein...just yolk. It has been a comedy of errors, but, lets hope none were too bad.

I read that increased turning frequency can make up for any discrepencies in humidity, according to a university of Ankara study. A hen turns eggs every half hour so if you have an auto turner maybe set to half hour. At least that what I do.

Back
Top Bottom