Please I Need Your Help , I Never Seen This Before What Do I Do?

She is in a separate cage away from the other hens
I will clean everything in the coop and feeders with bleach solution

should I contact the person who sell it to me

Im just wondering if this is way she sold it so cheap

Quote:
I would absolutely contact her. If she can shed any light on what is going on you'll be that
much ahead of the game in knowing how to treat her and whether it'd be better to put her down.
Do you feel comfortable contacting her?

Excellent about the cleaning! Good step!

First, I have no idea what the heck that is--something around her tongue causing it to swell? Canker? Honestly, unless you are rushing her to a vet ASAP, I'd cull her now. You cannot fix that one, IMO. She is suffering.

(Next time you buy a bird, never, ever put one in with your flock until at least four weeks quarantine away from your flock. The purpose of quarantine is to keep disease from entering your flock from new birds, as much as that is really possible.)

I wonder if the seller had this with others and got rid of the ones that looked okay as soon as they could - before they showed symptoms. It just seems so odd you would have her a short time and this thing pop up. I wonder if it was working on her before you got her. Maybe it is a severe allergy to something she ate, the one eye looks bad but maybe its from the growth(?) pressing against the side of her face. Or something could have gotten wrapped around her tongue and caused it to swell enormously. As others have said, if you aren't going to rush to a vet, she should be culled. I would think she would need instant treatment (if it were allergic reaction or foreign object around her tongue.) Maybe a snake or something bit her.

Quote:
Drumstick I agree with you on that...I've heard of many people who buy birds at flea markets and such and there's small little warning signs to those who have experience but nothing OBVIOUS...and then a few days or a week and bam something like this or gouts of mucus from the nose or dead chicken in the coop one morning...and then utoh your other birds pop up with it cause of no quarantining or bad bio handling...

Any update on the chicken and what you decided to do OP?

That honestly looks like canker or some form of swollen sinuses that protruded into the pallet to look like a tumor...Whatever it is, its fatal I'm practically 100% sure, either contagiously or by suffering since she cant eat or drink like that.

You need to clean everything down, get a few random birds from your flock tested and go from there...

Last year I culled over 2 dozen birds of mine and my roomie cousin because of disease...I now have moved and my neighbor has a good flock fo birds that are clean (he got his tested last November and all his birds since are self hatched from his flock) and we're adding slowly but surely, but I'm overly cautious now. Though I have no want to breed or show birds or anything anymore, my chickens are egg producers and pets only. same with my ducks, so if I get another disease, if its not harmful to people and doesn't hamper the birds I'm not going to care this go round. It killed my soul having to put down all my birds and trying to explain to a 4 yr old why all her chickens were gone. I can't do that again, so I'm just taking it cautious but really just am not caring. my birds will mingle with my neighbors no matter what if I free range, and I am a sucker for his turkeys and goats XD and we go down there multiple times a day, and some of his birds free range anyway, so no way to keep disease seperated around here.

i had a 9 week old chick die, when i woke up one morning i went to check on them and found him dead, there was a tarp as a roof to keep them dry, but it got old and it started to fall apart, and the chick some how ended up eating a string from the tarp and i guess it got cought around it's tounge, and it strugled all night his tounge swelled up like that, well not as big but you could still see that he had something stuck in there, that's when i found out what really happened

I decided to culled her . and washed the coop and waterers , feders, with bleach solution . Im trying to get an anwesr form an state vet and see what we can do .

I tried to contact the seller via email , she has not respond .

Im watching the other birds close so far so good . But still cant belive this happen so fast since she dindt show any syntoms.

I'm wondering if Speckledhen isn't right on that it could be something (a string, horsehair, etc.) wrapped around her tongue. If so the constriction would cause the tongue to swell. Check and see if there is any foreign matter in her mouth.

Back
Top Bottom