Please, I really need an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kramspott, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Kramspott

Kramspott In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2010
    Has anyone left their chicks to pipe and then hatch an incubator at 55% humidity with much success?

I have 24 hours to move them to my second incubator at 70-75% humidity and not sure if they're ready to move. (It's a staggered lockdown as not all eggs have the same lockdown date)

There are 4 that are 18 days along, yet with perfect temp and humidity this whole time, they just don't look like they fill the egg like a normal 18 day'er...

Lotsa movement on their own during candling and they all look great with nice veins.

Wonder if I should let them pip and not move them.

Feeling stuck.

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I think you should move them , even if they are a day or two early it shoudnt hurt them but low humidity after they pip might but its your call.

3. Kramspott

Kramspott In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2010
    Thanks Gabrielle.

So 70% humidity will not hurt them 2-3 days early?

I am thinking these chicks are late bloomers despite having a perfect environment.

Thanks,
    Kurt

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Like most babies they come when they want to although they are affected by there inviroment. I think they should be ok I am not an expert though. Good luck and post pictures of your babies when they hatch

5. Apriljc

Apriljc Songster

Apr 14, 2011
    I am wondering what your himidity has been during the first 18 days? I have been running mine at 55% and now I've been told that despite the literature, experienced hatchers find this to be too high.

Mine also have quite a bit of clear space at the top and I think it's bc there is too much moisture in the eggs.

Praying some of mine survive and yours too. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: