Please judge my Partridge Silkies!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by briarpatchfarms, Dec 29, 2008.

1. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    I just bought my rooster and my hen came for a farm in w.v. that bought her from hattrick!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I think they are lovely.

3. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    They are soooo pretty!! I think partridge silkies are the prettiest of all silkies. I have two partridge silkie roos and they are gorgeous!

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    The hen looks nice, the rooster's comb looks a bit large and I'm not sure if he's wet or not, but his crest could be a bit larger. Do you have any other pics of them?

They both have very nice partridge coloration. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  5. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    I can't see them well enough in that picture to really have a comment. Their color looks good but Maybe you could get some different poses. I would love to see them.

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    They are beautiful I have one nice little Partridge Silkie girl I love her she is my only silkie might have to get her a friend though to keep her company first I have to see how she does with the big girls.

I decided to post a pic for referance
    [​IMG]

Henry

7. Easter_pink_silkies

Easter_pink_silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I would Love to see better Photo Qaulity, but from what I can see they look beautiful The rooster appears to have very big soiledd color blotches-I dont think I've ever seen that before! He's beautiful. I Love the Hens Top Hat [​IMG]

Henry- From My experience Silkie Hens make the Greatist little Friends They just seem to almost bond closer than other breeds. I've had several inseprable pairs-A second silkie hen is a wonderful idia!

The Best Bird I ever owned was a Par. Silkie Roo the sweetest most Tolerant rooster I've ever met. I recently Lost a Partridge hen that was closly bonded with my white hen, and Just could'nt go without one in the flock. Here's her Predacessor Michiko-She's Five months old now.
    [​IMG]
    Edited to add: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

8. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Quote:he just molted it all off it is alittle bit bigger in the spring and the hens been fighting with him and winning too! LOL!

9. Chicken Freak

Chicken Freak Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2008
    The coloring looks good, but i'd like to see a pic of them standing to judge their profile.

10. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    ill take some new pics tomarrow morning !!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by