Please look at this picture

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
Does this look like Coccidosis? One of my chicks pooped it out this morning. If so, what to do?
Picked it up w tissue to get a closer look. Looks like it’s around the poop (it wipes off), not in it. Should I watch the chick that did it (I saw her) & see if it happens the next time?

Attachments

• 6E340ED4-8937-4037-84B4-D97EC36578EE.jpeg
    6E340ED4-8937-4037-84B4-D97EC36578EE.jpeg
    440.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 6C279947-A8D1-4D1B-AD7A-1DF4AF586AA6.jpeg
    6C279947-A8D1-4D1B-AD7A-1DF4AF586AA6.jpeg
    648.7 KB · Views: 8
I checked the whole brooder & it’s the only one that looks like this, currently stalking the chick that pooped this to see if she does it again. Please help!

Get some Corid at the feed store.

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

Give no extra vitamins, electrolytes or "supplements" during the treatment period.

You have inspected everyone's vent to make sure there's no wounds that could be the source of blood right?

Get some Corid at the feed store.

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

Give no extra vitamins, electrolytes or "supplements" during the treatment period.

You have inspected everyone's vent to make sure there's no wounds that could be the source of blood right?
No one appears to be injured. & I saw the one who this came out of so I know she appears healthy. I just didn’t want to treat them unnecessarily if it isn’t Coccid.

Ok I added Corid to the water, & cleaned & sanitized the waterers as well. Anything else you guys recommend? That was the only poop I saw with blood & I keep checking the entire brooder like every hour.

It does look like blood, definitely not intestinal shed. How are the chicks acting, and are they drinking well? If any look draggy or lethargic, you can give 0.1 ml of undiluted Corid orally once or twice a day, for a boost.

It does look like blood, definitely not intestinal shed. How are the chicks acting, and are they drinking well? If any look draggy or lethargic, you can give 0.1 ml of undiluted Corid orally once or twice a day, for a boost.
If I hadn’t noticed the poop this morning, I never would have thought anything was wrong. They are sipping around, eating and drinking like normal. Keeping my fingers crossed this was taken care of early enough.

Back
Top Bottom