Please make a guess (silkies) boy or girl?

twix1234

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
59408_img_3030-1.jpeg

59408_img_3009-1.jpeg

White silkie Togo

59408_img_3015-1.jpeg

59408_img_3013-1.jpeg

Black silkie 1 Cookie

59408_img_3005-1.jpeg

59408_img_3004-1.jpeg

Black silkie 2 Cream

Its really hard to tell until they start to lay or crow, although sometimes you can tell by the way the comb looks. The roosters have a lumpy bumpy kind of ugly comb and the hens comb looks more smooth with some wrinkles in it some times. The last black one sort of looks like a roo but i could be totaly wrong. Hope this helps a little

All of them doesn't have a comb or wattle. They are 14 weeks old. The last black one act more like a hen. The white silkie act more like a roo. The first black silkie is hard to tell. Please give me more guesses. Thanks:D

Quote:
i disagree with this...
my silkie roo makes a very beautiful and girly "bok bok bok" noise. much better than lal of my screetching hens! i was thinking your white is roo and your blacks are hens, but idk...its too soon to tell...

I think the feathers on the heads is what makes my Silkies different (roo vs. hen) right now. So that is what I'm looking at when I guess:

#1-roo
#2- hen.

The feathers on top of my hens' heads are more ball-like. The roos have feathers that stream out the back a little.

Oh- just wanted to say that only one of my silkies is crowing, so all the rest is guesswork!!!

big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom