Please...my pet chicken is eggbound...time is of the essence

I think you need to check the labels to see if it contains ether. I've used a carborator spray to start my car in the winter that is mostly ether. I tried to find the can but must have used it up.

Good luck! I hope she pulls through.

I am so sorry this has happened to your beloved hen. I sure hope you can help her feel better. Good luck with whatever you decide is best for her. She knows you are doing your best to help her.

Quote:
I agree! All pets, whether they have feathers, fur, or scales are a priceless addition to their owners lives and bring so much light and love, but there is definitely the risk of great sadness as well. Even if you don't lose them to an early illness or accident, you still have to deal with them growing old and eventually passing away.

So remember that our time with our loved ones is limited and that we should take time out to appreciate (and spoil!) them as much as possible while they are with us.

Update....Thanks again for everyone's kind words and possible solutions. I've been out there hand feeding her...she was quite eagerly eating out of my hand. She actually looked like she was moving a little more....maybe my wishful thinking....or maybe she has a laptop out there and has been reading about ether...I'll update again later...

maybe she has a laptop out there and has been reading about ether

yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Glad she's hanging on. Mine is too! She's out with the flock but still really slow.

We'll be waiting for the next update.​

Good evening...I was out for a while tonight and came home at dark. I went out and looked and my sickly hen was sitting outside the hen house waiting for me to help her in. I must say as pathetic as she looks, she was still looking up at the roost trying to think of a way up there. She finally found a spot on the floor and I gave her some extra hay for there. She did eat and drink by flashlight. I have to agree with "missinfo". I don't know why there are not more vets familiar with birds. I'll update more tomorrow morning...sweet dreams all....

The trick with using ether to euthanize birds is that you put them in an airtight container and you leave it sealed long enough for them to suffocate. The ether is an anethetic that knocks them out so they dont realize they cant breathe. If you open the lid too quickly then they start breathing air again. Its the same thing with sucking your tailpipe of your car, you take in carbon dioxide and not enough oxygen.

Back
Top Bottom