PLEASE! Need help on Muscovy Duck Egg

BunnyStyles

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 16, 2014
My duck Charlie has been sitting on her eggs for a while now, i havent been counting, anyways i checked her eggs to see if there was anything in them, one egg looks like its fertile, i dont know yet and then there this one The round circle you can see, it moves when i turn the egg, can anyone tell me what this is? please?

That is the air cell. It's been detached from the top of the egg and is now floating around. That one probably isn't going to hatch :(

That one could be fertile. Try shining the light through the top of the egg where the air cell is and getting the room completely dark. Try to wrap your hand around the light source and the egg so no light escapes and it all goes into the eggs and you will be able to see much more detail, such as veins and the embryo itself if it is developing. Also, do those two lighter dots move around when you move the egg? They could be air bubbles detached from the main air cell.

I couldnt find it, she moved it away from me probably but i do remember the dots dont move and i put the light against two eggs and they were sorta the same.
here is one of the eggs

They don't look clear so that's a good sign. Compared to that top one it definitely looks like they have something going on.

Back
Top Bottom