please please help

Oh and the humidity bit is super important. Get that wet sponge in there and get a lid on but you have to find balance between lid on to keep warmth and humidity in and overheating and oxygen in there. I would run down to the pet store and buy a cheap reptile thermometer to put in there. They also sell cheap reptile hygrometers that just stick on the wall to measure the humidity. If you don't maintain 37.5c temp and somewhere round 60% humidity then there isn't a lot of chance they will survive.

Last edited:
oj so the other one fully hatched yesterday afternoon and by about 6oclock it was fluffy and alert so got the other 2 chicks away from mum and put all 3 together for about 15 mins,then showed them to mum ,who looked a bit confused,ps dont know if chickens can count ??
put the 3 chicks back on the nest and mum went over had a good look then bedded down whith the chicks under her,
left them alone and i am pleased to sat this morning they are all alive and kicking
thanks for the advice golden feather

she is still sat on three ,i was going to give it a few more days because they were laid about the 30 th dec so still a chance they may hatch

So you did learn from this that next time you collect the eggs till you have your clutch and then put them all under her at once. Much better than the stress of a long staggered hatch
1f642.png

yes it was a lesson learnt, only problem this time was we didnt realise she was sat on eggs until it was too late,as my hens are free range we just pressumed that she had wondered off or been attacked as we hadnt seen her for 10 days, then we found her under a wooden pallet sat on the clutch of eggs so we had no idea of what was laid when.

Back
Top Bottom