Please please help!

Nancie

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2020
Yes, her crop felt large to me this morning. What an I do about that? I just sent my daughter to take some pictures of some of the poop i haven't cleaned up from the garage floor yet. I have her isolated. She hasn't thrown up water for a couple days, now just diahrea. Since there is so much diahrea, it seemed like I should mix electrolytes in with the Corid, but i won't do that if I shouldn't. Since they can ONLY take in Corid water, i thought id better sneak those into the same water.

Nancie

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2020
Don't use electrolytes while using Corid. Make sure you are making fresh Corid water every day. You can add doing a Corid Drench to the bird doing poorly. You may need to add a Sulfa drug to the Corid water
Ok, thank you. What is a "corid drench"?

Nancie

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2020
I did change to an entirely new bag of food... just in case! I had switched them to the “adult” food recently and bought this Organic stuff that I got clearances out. They assured me that it was still good... the date wS close to being up...and it smells fine. anyway, I switched to a new bag of regular food just in case!

Nancie

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2020
I will try the Corid drench if someone can explain that to me. I googled and confused about what that means.

Nancie

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2020
Also, I have liquid Corid that says "9.6% Oral Solution". I have been putting 2 tsp in 1 gallon and giving her that.

coach723

Free Ranging
5 Years
Feb 12, 2015
North Florida
Corid oral drench is an oral dose you can give in addition to the medicated water.
2 tsp per gallon of water is correct for the liquid Corid, for the drinking water.
Dosing for the oral drench:

When treating a bird for coccidiosis one can give an oral drench in addition to their medicated water. Here are the instructions:

Corid 9.6% liquid - Do not dilute

• Give 0.1 ml per pound of body weight orally once a day for 1-3 days.
or

• 0.02 ml per 100 grams of body weight orally once a day for 1-3 days.

Corid 20% powder - Mix 1/2 teaspoon powder with 2 teaspoons water.

• Give 0.34 ml per pound of body weight orally once a day for 1-3 days.
or

• 0.07 ml per 100 grams of body weight orally once a day for 1-3 days.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
If she is not drinking well on her own, then I would also give some of the medicated water several times a day orally, you have to get the meds in her for them to be able to work. I would also consider getting her on a sulfa medication as soon as you can get one, that will take care of the coccidiosis in the event it's resistant to Corid, and will also help with any secondary infection in her digestive tract (enteritis).
https://www.allivet.com/p-8021-bird...s9fNClN1GSK_Iyy9sJnmUTPBRd-I2mpcaAtxtEALw_wcB

Nancie

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2020
Thank you SO much. Is there any over the counter Sulfa drug I can give her? Or do I have to go through a Vet for that? Thx

Top Bottom