Please please help!

Pics
Thank you SO much. Is there any over the counter Sulfa drug I can give her? Or do I have to go through a Vet for that? Thx
I just had to add a Sulfa drug to my birds water. Luckily I was able to find it OTC, but I did have to order it. I opted for the Next Day shipping/delivery since it was urgent that I get it asap. I was able to find a tiny bit at a semi local feed store so I was able to treat right then vs waiting for my order to arrive. PLEASE call around to any and all feed/pet stores. Ask for "Bird Sulfa" or "Fish/Aquarium Sulfa". Let me find my links to the sulfa I ordered. I'll post asap. If you have a vet, you'll be able to get a Rx and get the meds very soon

I ordered through Allivet and two other places. Allivet's order arrived within 2 days after ordering. Of course I had to pay the extra, but I was desperate since I had already lost my favorite pullet and didn't want to lose any others

I would advise you to call whatever company you order from even if you order it online. You want to make sure they have it in stock and there are no delays on their end due to Covid19 or anything else. This is why I had 3 orders out with 3 different companies for the same drug. The first company didn't have it in stock, in spite of their website indicating that it was in stock. An entire day was wasted on that because I thought my order was going to arrive the next day. My inner conscience made me call that evening and I found out that they didn't have it. Luckily I got it in time from the other 2 companies and now I have some to keep on hand at all times.

Thank you SO much for the info! Were you using it for Coccidiosis as well? I started giving her the Corid "drench" after someone here offered that advice, and that "seems" to be helping! I'm afraid to get my hopes up too much, but her stools are looking a bit better as well. Thank you all so much for the help.

Corid is usually effective for coccidiosis, it may take several days for improvement to be seen, it just depends on how much damage has been done to the digestive tract. There are some strains that are reportedly becoming resistant to Corid and for those another medication is necessary, one being a sulfa drug. If she is looking better with Corid, then that may be all you need, just make sure to do the treatment for the complete course.

Back
Top Bottom