Please Please PLEASE be a PULLET!!!!! What do you think?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Guitartists, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    This is one of the "designer" chicks I hatched from Julie's eggs.... I do believe that it is DEFINITELY an Australorp mix [​IMG] BUT.... is it a pullet or a roo??? I SOOO hope it is a pullet as the kids love it and it is one of the friendliest, sweetest chickens we have [​IMG] It's a tiny bit over 3 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hmm, it's a bit early to call, but those legs seem pretty thick for a pullet. Maybe that's because of the extreme close-up that they look like that. I hope.

3. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:Hard to say . ITS still to early to tell . HECK our gang of babies are 12 weeks old and some still LOOK like ROOS when they are NOT , wait until they are 3 months old .

IF you LOOK at the 2nd. picture again as I did , IT ALREADY is starting with a COMB , and thats early for a chick that age . MUST BE A ROO ..... PRECIOUS THO

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  4. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    I think it's too early to tell. All my ba boys are very nice!

5. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    I agree on it being a bit early but the comb is developing and the legs are pretty thick. Could be a roo...

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] I know.... based on my pendulum dowsing it IS sposed to be a roo....... but I am hoping I was WRONG!!! LOL Have never wanted to be more wrong in my life! LOL ::sigh:: guess I'll have to wait it out. Maybe we can build another coop! LMAO Ya right [​IMG]

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:That was my first thought too.

8. portlandpeeps

portlandpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    My my what big feet! That's goin' to be a large bird to need feet that big.

9. MrsSWO

MrsSWO New Egg

May 4, 2008
    Either way, that's one cute chick.

10. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    I'm gonna guess roo....just going by this.....my black austraulorp who is 8 weeks has thin tiny legs, also hardly any comb at all. Also I have noticed my roos at the early stages have the scruffy/missing poor feathering and no tail feathers...where the girls by like two weeks seem to spurt out this tiny puff of tail feathers. sorry.....I know just how you feel..... [​IMG] I seemed to be blessed with too many roos this time around myself... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by