Please please please help

muscovy mamma

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 29, 2013
Hi All,
I am desparate and really need help. This is my first time hatching muscovy eggs. We are on day 36 going into day 37 and nothing yet. I have 5 eggs in my incubator. Two have pipped internally on day 35 going into 36 already. How long after internal pipping do they pip exernally? When do I need to start worrying and start helping? It's a home made incubator and I have sucsessfully hatched chicks in it before. The eggs are from my hand raised muscovy. It had gotten lost and was almost catfood. A friend saved it and gave it to me. We loved her so much and she was like a child in our house. We got her a friend and they got along like a house on fire. 5 weeks ago my dogs got very excited and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and they killed her. We were heartbroken. Two days later her friend propably in search of her ended up with the same fait. We found her eggs and decided even though we couldn't replace her, we could still have a part of her with us. These eggs are more precious than gold to us.

I would be glad to help, but I am not sure what your question is. Are you asking about incubating your eggs? I will be glad to help if I can. I am so sorry about your loss.

Hi,
Sorry went rambling on and on. I wan't to know how long after internal pipping does external pipping happen and if the chick has pipped internally more than 24 hours ago at what stage can I try and help it hatch?

I am struggling with my network signal. So frustrated as I am very worried about the babies.

Wow, thank you for the links, Especially the last one was very useful. I now realize that I had made big mistakes along the way even though I thought I was following the correct instructions. I kept referring back to BYC page on how to incubate muscovy eggs. Wish I had rather read this article sooner. I'm very sad as I don't have much hope for my eggs hatching on their own and I'm not sure if they would be fine if I assist. :,-(

hugs.gif

Unfortunatly 2 of the babies died. I have one live one and it is absolutly perfect and gorgeous!! So in love with it. Still have two eggs with live chicks in. However they are overdue but I'm still holding thumbs.

Hatching seems so fraught with difficulty from anything I have read. And then I see photo's of little fuzzy wide-eyed ducklings and just melt. Prayers continue for you all.

Guess what! Out of the five 4 had hatched but one died. One I thought was going to die actually made it and is going strong. And the last one has pipped externally 3 hours ago. So hopefully one more baby coming. Will post a photo as soon as the last one arrives. Thanks all for your caring.

Back
Top Bottom