PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

lucysducks11

Songster
Apr 9, 2016
I am on day 5 of incubation and went to turn my eggs this morning and 2 of them are severely damaged!!! I have absolutely NO IDEA what happened or how the eggs ended up damaged as I wasn't even home and the eggs were fine when I left them. Both eggs have developing embryos that I can clearly see!! I'm in tears and I do not know what to do with these babies! I don't want to throw them out, can a duckling still developer with a cracked shell?? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME !!!

Someone will come in to help. I have seen where people use wax, clear nail polish, scotch tape, etc on their cracked shells and had a hatch from it. In my experience they will continue to develop for a bit and then quit. As far as the damage goes, iv let candled eggs before going into the bator without seeing any faults and then at a later candling found cracks just like you knowing I did not cause the damage myself. I have a suspicion that they were always there in the beginning but the light didn't pick up on them. When an egg is incubated and starts losing moisture it exposes those cracks that were hiding. I'm sorry this happened to you :[ I really hope you can get this little guy to hatch.

I am on day 5 of incubation and went to turn my eggs this morning and 2 of them are severely damaged!!! I have absolutely NO IDEA what happened or how the eggs ended up damaged as I wasn't even home and the eggs were fine when I left them. Both eggs have developing embryos that I can clearly see!! I'm in tears and I do not know what to do with these babies! I don't want to throw them out, can a duckling still developer with a cracked shell?? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME !!!
As long as the membrane inside is in tact you can seal it with candle wax or a tape like duct tape and you should be good.

One eggs is dented and cracked all the way around it and the other just has the dent :( I can't keep going with incubation if I may end up losing them in the long run. That's mentally exhausting. I can only imagine that my auto Turner caused this but I still have no idea how. It's shifts the eggs back and forth. I am at a loss here. I'm afraid to even try to tape it as I'm afraid any pressure will cause it to crack even more.

Hmm well that IS interesting. I was thinking they were hairline cracks, not actually busted. What auto turner are you using? Have you sat by your bator to witness the turning action? When I got my first auto turner I did not put the eggs in it until I saw the turner in action.

My guess is that someone messed with the eggs while I was gone and dropped them back down in the incubator, I don't think my hatchlings pulled a Thelma and Louise style ending and eggs don't just get smashed like this. My auto Turner is so slow I hand turn the eggs myself because the movement isn't enough to turn anything. I just don't know what to do with these 2 little guys. :(

My guess is that someone messed with the eggs while I was gone and dropped them back down in the incubator, I don't think my hatchlings pulled a Thelma and Louise style ending and eggs don't just get smashed like this. My auto Turner is so slow I hand turn the eggs myself because the movement isn't enough to turn anything. I just don't know what to do with these 2 little guys. :(
Incubating eggs is inherently bittersweet...sometimes eggs that look they should have hatched, don't. Sometimes hatchlings die. If there's development, I would give them a chance. If they quit, they quit - but you will at least have tried to help them. And if they hatch, you have a great happy ending.
1f642.png

Back
Top Bottom