please post some pics of your peacocks

i have 2 cameo (at least i was told they were cameo) that i will have to try and snap some pics of soon. i could really use some help with sexing them and making sure of their coloring. i'm thinking they are both hens since i don't see much of the barring on their backs like i keep seeing in the pics. anyone with cameo or other similar colored hens could you please post pics of them so i can compare!
big_smile.png
the head appears a creamy white but the throat down to the breast appears a light tan.

eta: i was told at the time that they were about 5-6 months but i don't see any train feathers starting, just the main tail.

Last edited:
He left, but my neighbors told me that the hunters killed two foxes the last weekend .I believe that only females with young people at home are dangerous to poultry.

Bigcreek Peafowl's Blackwinged Bronze is the closest thing I've ever seen to a black peacock. Will that breed true or is this an unusual specimen? Is this the darkest bird you've ever seen or is there stock out there that is equal or darker?

Hi Resolution
Yes, they are stunning! These birds will breed true when bred to like birds and as far as I know most of the dark winged bronze look as dark. I am presently working toward this colour and pattern combination with my first split birds being hatched this past spring. Might try a bronze charcoal cross to see if they can get any darker.

Chickie'sMoma :

i have 2 cameo (at least i was told they were cameo) that i will have to try and snap some pics of soon. i could really use some help with sexing them and making sure of their coloring. i'm thinking they are both hens since i don't see much of the barring on their backs like i keep seeing in the pics. anyone with cameo or other similar colored hens could you please post pics of them so i can compare!
big_smile.png
the head appears a creamy white but the throat down to the breast appears a light tan.

eta: i was told at the time that they were about 5-6 months but i don't see any train feathers starting, just the main tail.

This is my 3 month old cameo hen.
DSC01407camie-1.jpg

I have 1 male peaock with a train like a 3 year old and he just turned 2, he had a train full of eye feathers at 18 months but this year he is getting the fringe feathers to go with them.
My other male is just ove a year and has 3 very tiny eye feahers so far ,
I have learned that they all feather at out differently.​

Back
Top Bottom