1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

please read and help me!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Kelso roosters, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Kelso roosters

Kelso roosters Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2013
    So my chicken was egg bound and I seen the egg by the end of the vent so I gave her a hot bath and put some olive oil in her vent around the egg I waited a 10 mins then looked at her vent it was gone and she just looked tired but looked like she wasn't in pain the next day she was running with the girls happy I had tears of joy I really love my chickens and couldn't see one pass on now my question is will she lay healthy eggs now. please help back yard chicken friends!

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

It can happen again. You will need to monitor her carefully to see if she starts acting off again.

What are you feeding?

3. Chick a Boom

Chick a Boom Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2013
    Was the egg to large ?

4. Kelso roosters

Kelso roosters Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2013
    Well the egg looked weird It didn't look like a egg and I am feeding her corn and feeder crumbles. she is doing good still but no egg yet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by