Please say she’ll live

Pics
I know! They both were so cute, sadly raccoons tore a lot of our chickens heads off. I consider it killing for fun, since it could easily bend back the wire with its paws and eat the whole chicken. :(
Wild animals don’t kill for fun. It was probably just taking what it could as quickly as it could before something else came along.

Was it near someone else's house?
Seriously, if you're going to trap, kill what you catch.
No, since we live in Florida, there is a lot of space for wildlife. My dad took it to work (he’s a firefighter and stays at the fire station for a day every third day) and released it in a place with no houses. We really don’t want to kill the animals, we just want to make sure that our chickens are safe.

They do? For example coyotes kill for fun and they are wild. And the raccoon killed at night. It’s also very wasteful to only take the head.
I guess I should have said they usually don’t or at least have a reason for it. It’s not usually for “fun” as we see it even if they kill extra. And raccoons are (usually) nocturnal so it makes sense it would kill at night? Why’s that weird? I agree it was wasteful but wild animals are also looking for the easiest meal so they’re not gonna take the time to pull down the wire and try to get at the rest when they could just take the heads and run. A human or some bigger wild animal could come along.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom